Do my dogs need to be put into quarantine when going from the UK to the USA?
Asked: Do my dogs need to be put into quarantine when going from the UK to the USA?
My boyfriend and I are considering moving to America and are in the process of researching how to get our two dogs over there with us. Does anybody know what the quarantine period is for them when we get there, if there is one at all? We heard off one person that it could be up to six months but I can't see that being true as the UK is classed as a rabies free country. If it really is six months though, there isn't a chance in hell of us moving to America as I think even a few weeks is too much for them, let alone a few months! They're up to date with all their vaccinations and are in very good health; we can get the documentation from our vet to confirm all this too. Any information on this, including costs for getting them there etc, would be great. Thanks.
Be The First To Answer This Question…
Got a better answer? Share it below!
- Should i get another dog?
- What are some airlines that allow shipping sub-nosed/pug-nosed dogs in America?
- Any good sites for Service Dogs for Autism?
- How old do you have to be to compete in the Westminster dog show?
- Would it be safe for someone to move into a home where they had several dogs die from Parvo?