I’ll be getting a kitten soon, and I have some questions? (:?
Taylor Asked: I’ll be getting a kitten soon, and I have some questions? (:?
Hi c: So I've always loved kittens since I was little and I used to live on a farm. We had cats, but they were always outside and not the cuddly or playful type, more the I-like-you-enough-that-I'll-rub-your-leg kind of cats. I've been begging to get a cat for years since we moved into town, and my mom agreed today that if I can just take care of my dog for at least 3 months without anyone's help, she'd be fine with my purchase of a kitten. I would have all the responsibility of it, which is fine by me.
So my questions are:
1. Where could I put the litter box? I don't have a large room, and our laundry is downstairs in the basement. Would that be okay, even for a kitten? My mom absolutely insists that it will not go in the kitchen, living room, or her bedroom.
2. Are there ways to help dogs get used to cats? Mine always used to tease our old ones and scare the kittens, and she's not allowed in my room anyway. She is also kenneled when we are gone, and at night, but she'll still be curious about the kitty and I don't want to have them blocked off completely.
3. Are there certain diseases, other than conjunctivitis which I've dealt with for a kitten before, that have big warning signs that I'd need to be aware of?
4. Aaaand finally, how do you train your cats to stay off the counters and tables when cooking or eating? This along with the litter box issue is the only problem my mom has with a cat anymore. She said that when she used to have cats, the spray bottle had never ever worked, not shooing them off, snapping, or anything else.
This was a lot to read, but thanks so much if you got this far (:
Be The First To Answer This Question…
Got a better answer? Share it below!
Incoming search terms:
- google can a 7year old dog get along with a kitten
- Help! My kitten is extremely over dependent?
- How do I know if my cat will get along with a kitten? (thinking of adopting a kitten)?
- How do you get a 5 month old kitten who we just adopted to come out of hiding and get to know everyo
- 7year old Female introduced to 11week old kitten?
- Should I keep this kitten?