My shih tzu is either 65-66 days pregnant and isn’t showing any signs of labor.?
Jenn Asked: My shih tzu is either 65-66 days pregnant and isn’t showing any signs of labor.?
My shih tzu is either 65-66 days pregnant(depending on which day she got pregnant) and isn't showing any signs of labor. I don't know if I need to be concerned. I would have taken her into a vet this weekend but since it is theholidays they are all closed and only taking emergency calls. I'm not thinking this is an emergency. The puppies are still moving and my dog seems to be fine, eating sleeping and playing normally. I take her temp several times a day and for the last few days it has varied widely between the low 99.0 to the low 100.0 a couple times it even dropped to around 98.7 but then a couple hours later it would go back up again. It's just a cheap thermometer and I don't know how accurate it is.The only other signs I have seen are that she licks everything(her stomach, her vulva, my hands, her feet) obsessively and she will occasionally jump and bite at her rear end.She also itches herself obsessively.Sometimes at night she will start to show signs of nesting in my bed and seems somewhat restless but it always goes away by morning. Is it okay to wait until Monday (she will be 67-68 days) to go see the vet or should I be more concerned and call them now?
I think if she hasn't started contractions yet you should be fine to wait.But I would think the puppies will be here before monday.
Got a better answer? Share it below!
Incoming search terms:
- shih tzu 58 days pregnant
- my dog is 65 days pregnant today
- pregnant shih tzu labour symptoms
- shih tzu 66 days pregnant
- shih tzu in labor
- show shitzus at 58 days pregnant
- signs my shihtzu is in labor
- My dog is 60+ days pregnant and her temp is fluctuating from 100 to 98.6 in 24 hours. Is this normal
- Can a pregnant dog have Canned Salmon?
- my dog is 58 days pregnant she’s carrying small and still has allot energy?
- My dog just went into labor?! O__O?
- What does it mean for my shih tzu to hide under my couch and my dresser. ?